The North Bay Branch, Ontario Registered Music Teachers’ Association ORMTA
1. Assurance of qualified, knowledgeable instruction.
2. Opportunities for participation or performance at:
Branch Events & Recitals
3. Opportunities for students to receive awards and recognition for excellence in practical and theoretical examinations.
4. Opportunities for advanced students to develop pedagogical knowledge and experience needed for the Teacher’s Associate Diploma.
Benefits of study with a member of the North Bay Branch of the ORMTA
1. A degree or diploma equivalent to that of the Associate or Licentiate Diplomas issued by any recognized University or School of Music.
2. The practical Viva Voce and written Teacher’s examination in the subject area of instruction OR equivalent pedagogical training.
3. Proof of teaching experience satisfactory to the board of Examiners.
President: Brian McDowell
Vice President: vacant
Secretary: Frances Balodis
Treasurer: Chloe Weston
Workshop Convenor: Susan Nicholson
Past President: Jessica Wadley
This button will bring up a listing of Past Presidents from our Charter President Sydna Shorse in 1947 to our most recent past president in 2017.
This button will bring you to a listing of our branch members who have received the “Ontario Contribution to Teaching Award” from 1989 to 2016.